We are looking for a talented Web Application Developer who enjoys learning new technologies, solving challenging problems, and building quality software. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment where you will be expected to contribute your ideas, take ownership of tasks, manage expectations, and meet deadlines. Elevato uses the latest technologies on a number of exciting projects to serve our clients, who represent several sectors including healthcare, workforce, and local government. We are passionate about building software to effect change, advance scientific understanding, and benefit human well-being, and we are fortunate to serve many clients with similar aims.
Fully Remote. Our team has had remote workers since 2012 and has been fully remote since 2019. COVID did not change our work environment but it did make our style/environment more acceptable to clients.
We have employees in MO, AZ, CO, MT, NC, MI, ME, OR, IA, NM, etc. with clients scattered across the US.
We are a rare bird. We cover ALL THINGS WEB. We deliver both marketing and engineering services. We host hundreds of websites. We build custom applications, we build API integrations between everything. We offer an environment working with modern technologies. As an agile application development company, we minimize over-engineering and empower employees to make decisions and manage tasks directly with customers.
What we look for in you
- Unwavering professionalism
- Experience developing web applications in a modern web framework including Play!, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS / Express, and Django
- Experience using HTTP to interact with APIs and web applications
- Familiarity with HTML5 / CSS3
- Deadline driven and independent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to translate business requirements into system design.
- The ability to intuit a solution for a customer from fractional and incomplete requirement specifications
- Develop solutions based on organizational and users’ needs, strategies, and goals, including recommendations for improvements based on researching and evaluating web software.
- Successful track record collaborating with teams and resolving issues that arise
- Exceptional debugging skills
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GitLab, Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc)
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Ruby on Rails
- NodeJS / Express
- Ionic / Cordova
- Play! Framework
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Functional Programming
- Android or iOS development experience
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Paid by the hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Typically, we’re a ‘bring your own hardware’ shop. Run your choice of development environments: Linux, Mac, Windows and use an IDE like phpStorm, vim, whatever you’re good at that makes you productive
- We’ll pay for applicable certification exams
- Casual dress code – jeans and t-shirts are just fine. When you are meeting with clients we expect business appropriate attire and demeanor, of course
- $70,000 – $100,000 (based on experience and skills)
Our team has been fully remote since before COVID. The pandemic did not change our work environment but it did make our style/environment more acceptable to clients.
Elevato is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Elevato reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.