We are looking for a senior-level, full-stack developer with Laravel experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making great products where form equals function. The candidate should be comfortable working in an open-ended environment where roles are flexible, things are always changing, and communication is essential. You’ll be part of a small, nimble team of designers and developers who love solving hard problems.
Fully Remote. Our team has had remote workers since 2012 and has been fully remote since 2019. COVID did not change our work environment but it did make our style/environment more acceptable to clients.
We have employees in MO, AZ, CO, MT, NC, MI, ME, OR, IA, etc. with clients scattered across the US.
We are a rare bird. We cover ALL THINGS WEB. We deliver both marketing and engineering services. We host hundreds of websites. We build websites, custom applications, API integrations between everything. We offer an environment working with modern technologies. As an agile application development company, we minimize over-engineering and empower employees to make decisions and manage tasks directly with customers.
Typical daily activities
- Work alongside other senior developers while creating next-generation applications for a variety of devices.
- Take on challenging new projects which stimulate enthusiasm and personal growth. You and the team select the best tools for each challenge: high availability servers, cross-platform and cross-device development, API integrations, and all that falls in between.
- Design, evaluate, update, and maintain complicated database schemas in PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aurora, SQL Server, etc.
- Influence management and team decisions for project solutions, team organization, and internal processes.
- Paid by the hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Typically, we’re a ‘bring your own hardware’ shop. Run your choice of development environments: Linux, Mac, Windows and use an IDE like phpStorm, vim, whatever you’re good at that makes you productive
- We’ll pay for applicable certification exams
- Casual dress code – jeans and t-shirts are just fine. When you are meeting with clients we expect business appropriate attire and demeanor, of course
What we look for in you
- Unwavering professionalism
- A minimum of 2 years of solid PHP and MySQL/PostgreSQL
- A minimum of 2 years of Laravel
- Experience with other MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Cake, Symfony 2, CodeIgniter)
- eCommerce development experience
- The ability to translate business requirements into system design.
- The ability to intuit a solution for a customer from fractional and incomplete requirement specifications
- Develop solutions based on organizational and users’ needs, strategies, and goals, including recommendations for improvements based on researching and evaluating web software.
- Successful track record collaborating with teams and resolving issues that arise
- Exceptional debugging skills
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GitLab, Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc)
Additional Talents Sought
- Experience deploying to a load-balanced environment and the tricks necessary to ensure uploads get replicated across that environment
- Ability to administer Linux servers running CentOS
- Familiarity with Xdebug
- Know your way around Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
- eCommerce platform experience (Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, etc)
- PHP, Laravel, Zend Framework, and/or other certifications: If you’re not already certified, be expected to work towards obtaining some sort of certification. We’ll even pay for the first test.
- Capabilities in working with WordPress is a plus
- Strongest consideration given to those with experience with Loan Origination Systems (LOS) and Title Production Systems (TPS)
- $75,000 – $95,000
Our team has been fully remote since before COVID. The pandemic did not change our work environment but it did make our style/environment more acceptable to clients.
Elevato is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Elevato reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.